Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Harry Potter Decor and Photoshop

Hello!
Since last year when I had to paint a wall that had a leak in the ceiling, my apartment has been themed Gryffindor. In order to save my paintings, decorations and furniture from future water leakage above this one wall in my living room, I opted to paint the whole wall as a mural since I won't be taking it with me when I move... this is the wall I painted; the entrance to Gryffindor:



I loved it so much, that I got carried away and made the whole room Gryffindor! I am going to share some of the art I did for my living room in this post and once I sort through my other pictures and such, I will post more Harry Potter projects and decorations :)



 Next I decided that I need a fat lady portrait of my own; to guard my living room of course! lol
I always liked the dress and background from the first movie, but the face of the fat lady who replaced her, so in my portrait I combined them!

 I had this canvas and frame from goodwill that I bought four years ago with the intention of painting the Dawn Treader on it and hanging it in my bathroom... well, that still has not happened (procrastination!) so to get double use from this canvas, I turned it around and painted the fat lady on the back! 
I really love how she turned out! I plan on making some prints of this in the future.


What is Gryffindor without some tapestries?? That is what I thought when I brought home some very large pieces of cardboard to paint my own tapestries modeled after the ones in the movies. They are 6 1/2 ft by 2ft approximately, and I have one more I am still working on, but it is painted on an unstretched piece of canvas instead of cardboard. The gray in the picture is my giant rook I up cycled which I will post about another time.



 In case everything else in the room was not obviously Gryffindor, I painted Gryffindor's lion mascot on the back of one of my paintings. I really love gold paint! lol




Already carried away, I tried out a Ginny Weasley costume :) This is my owl, Butterfinger lol



To achieve the Ginny look, I used red pencil makeup for eyeliner and brow liner. I used the same pencil for fake freckles which I went over with a brown pencil. I put the freckles on my face and shoulders. I also used blush on my shoulders and my face. After braiding my hair I brushed some red face paint over it lol, I didn't want to actually dye my hair, although, the face paint got all over everything lol



Of course my costume inspired some photo shop ;) 



My husband gave me an owl for my last birthday :) I named him Butterfinger.


Well, that's all for now :) 


Bye from Butterfinger!

<3 Hannah



No comments:

Post a Comment