Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Few Pieces of My Furniture

Hello! I want to share a few pieces of my furniture that are partially home made :) first is my coffee table:


My husband and I bought the bottom half at a used furniture store when it looked like this:


Initially I wanted to have a mirror top made for it, but it was far less expensive to get a few pieces of wood to make a top, so that is what we did. This is what it looks like on the underside:


My husband cut the wood and fastened it together and I painted the top. My other piece of furniture to share is my crate end table. I wanted a real crate, but could not find one to buy inexpensive so my husband built this one out of scrap wood we had and I painted it. 

  

The top is a lid that comes off easily:

 
And the side has a hole in it because initially I wanted this to be a place to hide the cats litter box, but later decided I would rather put it in the hall closet, so now I store gardening supplies in the crate. 

 
This is what the inside looks like as far as how it is held together and anyone is welcome to hack this project if they like it.

 
 I have not finished painting the inside :)


My cat Coconut oversaw my taking pictures! 

And here are some pretty flowers just because :)


<3 Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment